What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Registration

ExtraKatana

Well Known Member
Has anyone requested and received a replacement physical Registration for their AC? I seemed to have misplaced/lost mine.

Last edited:
FAA's e-mail

Believe it or not the FAA seems to monitor and accept forms e-mailed in. They have turned forms around in days via their e-mail web site. (The 9-AVS- one) You can click on it and the correct address automatically opens up. Scan 8050-1 to them and reference you are sending the 2 bucks by check. (There might be a way to electronically send but I've been sending the funds in by check) and include a copy of your 8050-1 you scanned to them and the funds. They normally get this turned around in 10 days of less. Despite what we read about the FAA and its issues I have found them very easy to work with.

Digital signatures

Just some advise don't use digital signatures (PDFFiller, etc.) as they have a special requirement for watermarking/date/time elements, just sign and scan it.

Used the link SPX provided (Thank You) and made my own form since there did not seem to be one. Answered all of the questions and provided the receipt for $2.00 as an attachment. Also attached the "self-made" form with my signature as requested. Trying to be as particular as they require.
Emailed request with the attachments to the email address provided.
I will report back as to the expediency.

thanks for the help.

Replacement Registration received today. Just about two weeks turnaround

Great news.

Just another data point. My new registration came back after 4 weeks and that was after I forgot to add my engine serial number and had to resend the the notarized form.

Seems like the FAA may be caught up
icon14.gif

Great news.
Just another data point. My new registration came back after 4 weeks and that was after I forgot to add my engine serial number and had to resend the the notarized form.
Seems like the FAA may be caught up
icon14.gif

Doesn't mean they're caught up. They just prioritize initial registrations.

You're probably correct. My comment about being caught up was in reference to the OP receiving their replacement registration in two weeks.

A few weeks ago I got a registration renewal reminder from the faa (now august, not due until Jan). I followed the instructions for on-line renewal (no changes), sent it off. Got the new registration less than 2 weeks later.

That’s right. I am going on five months waiting for a change that has to take place at the registration branch.

Attachments

• 603D6004-B6CD-49D8-A257-23B211D5D6D1.jpg
    603D6004-B6CD-49D8-A257-23B211D5D6D1.jpg
    318.9 KB · Views: 58
I will be registering my new 9A as soon as I get my bill of sale from Vans. Can somone give me the "aircraft registration for dummies" explanation? Should I mail the forms in or email them in? If I email what does "the FAA accepts documents containing digital signatures by email" mean? Then the instructions say documents signed in ink must be sent by US mail. I'm just very confused!

You aren’t the only one. I would like to know the same thing. Not an computer person so I’ll probably send Everything thing by in hard copy. On less someone can explain the email process and electronic signature.

RD

Back