What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

False SIGMET

Kupde

Patron
Had a couple of instances lately with false SIGMETs showing up on my G3X touch. Today in clear skies I had a Convective SIGMET 33E. Clearly this is false info just wondering if anyone has had this problem before.

Kevin Updegrove
RV-10
Carson City

Had a couple of instances lately with false SIGMETs showing up on my G3X touch. Today in clear skies I had a Convective SIGMET 33E. Clearly this is false info just wondering if anyone has had this problem before.

Kevin Updegrove
RV-10
Carson City

Why do you think it's a False SIGMET? While it has no data, it does appear that a SIGMET was published. According to the NWS, here's 33E:

WSUS31 KKCI 092355
SIGE
MKCE WST 092355
CONVECTIVE SIGMET...NONE

OUTLOOK VALID 100155-100555
TS ARE NOT EXPD TO REQUIRE WST ISSUANCES.

I just think it must have been false since there was absolutely no weather forecasted or actual in the area today. No clouds, no fronts, clear sky’s and low humidity. How do you get a convective SIGMET in those conditions?

I just think it must have been false since there was absolutely no weather forecasted or actual in the area today. No clouds, no fronts, clear sky’s and low humidity. How do you get a convective SIGMET in those conditions?

I guess my point is, the SIGMET that I posted here shows no weather: CONVECTIVE SIGMET...NONE

OUTLOOK VALID 100155-100555
TS ARE NOT EXPD TO REQUIRE WST ISSUANCES.

So if your G3X repeated that, then it was a real issuance, but it had no weather. (Probably a test). If you're talking some other SIGMET, and it described weather that was not present, then maybe it was cached or something

Back