What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Sending flight plan to Dynon HDX and Garmin GNC355

Denok

Patron
I have just installed a GNC355 and I would like to know if there is a way to send a flight plan from Foreflight to the HDXs (wifi) and to the GNC355 (Bluetooth) at the same time or at least have the choice between the units without turning off one or the other. Has anyone experienced this problem?

I have just installed a GNC355 and I would like to know if there is a way to send a flight plan from Foreflight to the HDXs (wifi) and to the GNC355 (Bluetooth) at the same time or at least have the choice between the units without turning off one or the other. Has anyone experienced this problem?

With AFS avionics (probably, but not for sure the same as Dynon, since the backend components are the same) I use Bluetooth to send the flight plan from ForeFlight to the GNC 355, and then display the GNC 355 as the HSI nav source.

No and Yes.

I am using FF, HDX and 355 - had the same question - and have the answer. FF currently can not push the flight plan via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth at the same time. If you have both enabled in your tablet, FF will send the flight plan to the device it connects to first. To solve this, you can disable Wi-Fi, enable Bluetooth, send the flight plan to the 355, then turn off Bluetooth, enable Wi-Fi and connect to the HDX. I discussed this with FF support about a year ago (and made a VAF post about this) - they said they may eventually make it so the user can choose….

I am using FF, HDX and 355 - had the same question - and have the answer. FF currently can not push the flight plan via Wi-Fi and Bluetooth at the same time. If you have both enabled in your tablet, FF will send the flight plan to the device it connects to first. To solve this, you can disable Wi-Fi, enable Bluetooth, send the flight plan to the 355, then turn off Bluetooth, enable Wi-Fi and connect to the HDX. I discussed this with FF support about a year ago (and made a VAF post about this) - they said they may eventually make it so the user can choose….

Tim,
If this is the only solution it is a really bad one. When you turn off bluetooth to connect to the 355 any updates to you flight plan will not be shown on Foreflight and vice versa, and if you turn off wifi, all your weather, adsb, nav, etc coming fron HDX will not be shown on Foreflight. FF needs to fix this..

Last edited:
Back