What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3x screen mounting screws

ctennis

Well Known Member
I've lost one of my g3x screen mounting screws. They're #6 black, 1/2" long and use a 3/32 hex. All places I can find replacement fasteners from have a 7/64 drive, and I'd rather not have different sized ones.

Anyone know where I can source them from (perhaps Garmin directly, but the size of the sale from my local avionics shop isn't enough to get them interested in doing the leg work). Barring that I guess I'll replacement them all to be the same sized.

Call them

G3X support 1 (866) 854-8433
Ask them if they can stick one in an envelope and send it to you

I think I replaced all of mine so they were the same after losing one. That was the easiest for me.

I've lost one of my g3x screen mounting screws. They're #6 black, 1/2" long and use a 3/32 hex. All places I can find replacement fasteners from have a 7/64 drive, and I'd rather not have different sized ones.

Anyone know where I can source them from (perhaps Garmin directly, but the size of the sale from my local avionics shop isn't enough to get them interested in doing the leg work). Barring that I guess I'll replacement them all to be the same sized.
As shown on page 8-2 of the Rev. AP G3X Touch installation manual, the Garmin part number for the black 6-32 cap screws used in your GDU 460 installation kit is 211-00169-01.

Hope that helps when checking with Garmin dealers.

It sure is nice having one tool that will remove displays, transponder, radios, navigators, audio panel, etc. The aviation standard for this fastener/hex tool is 3/32".

Since no one seems to manufacture a 6-32 cap screw that accept a 3/32" hex tool, Garmin has to special order the fabrication of these cap screws.

Steve

As shown on page 8-2 of the Rev. AP G3X Touch installation manual, the Garmin part number for the black 6-32 cap screws used in your GDU 460 installation kit is 211-00169-01.

Hope that helps when checking with Garmin dealers.

It sure is nice having one tool that will remove displays, transponder, radios, navigators, audio panel, etc. The aviation standard for this fastener/hex tool is 3/32".

Since no one seems to manufacture a 6-32 cap screw that accept a 3/32" hex tool, Garmin has to special order the fabrication of these cap screws.

Here's a 3/32" drive, 1/2" long, 6-32 cap screw in black.

You have to order 100 :)

If it were me, I’d just go to ace hardware and buy a replacement. If it was a different hex size that the original then I’d buy a sho set and change them all.

Back