What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

SS Heater Bypass Valves

ctennis

Well Known Member
I bought the aftermarket heater bypass valves from one of the third party vendors, but what I ended up getting didn't quite look right to me. I'm curious if anyone who has installed the SS boxes can help.

The OEM for the product has this one on their site, but for RV-10 it says it's a
"set of two that have offset levers to clear the upper nose gear mount". This doesn't look like that to me, but I don't have the finish kit yet, so I'm curious if this is going to work or not?

0NOV3X0.jpg

Thanks for confirming. This was ordered from spruce with that exact part #.

To offer a pirep in case anyone else has the same issue I do...

I originally ordered the RV-10 valve kit from planeinnovations, who only sent me a single valve (should have been two) and the wrong kind (like as shown in the picture). After realizing what i got was wrong, I attempted to contact them - but they have no phone number or email address on their site. Only a web form for contact, which I filled out and never got a response.

I finally issued a chargeback on my credit card for the wrong part.

I ordered from spruce, knowing it was a plane innovation product, but feeling like it would at least be the correct part. Looks like I was mistaken. Spruce just has two of these in their own bag saying "Bypass Valve RV-10", which I guess means planeinnovations is supplying them the wrong item as well.

Last edited:
To followup, Spruce realized they did have the incorrect parts labeled, and also have the correct parts in stock, and are taking care of it.

Back