What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Canopy cover availability at airventure?

jcarne

Well Known Member
Patron
Anyone ever seen a vender there with canopy covers available? Just contacted Bruce’s and they say lead time is 4 weeks. Was hoping to have one for the inevitable rain. Guess a roll of tape will do worst case. Haha

Plastic sheet

Pack some plastic sheet/drop cloth and a couple of cinch straps for use if needed, or you can have the storm drape your broken tent over the plane like it did to me in 2019 :cool:
Figs

One night I carefully put the canopy cover over the RV-8. The next morning, it was drooped over the side of the fuselage...

Your mileage may vary, and I hope it does.

Pack some plastic sheet/drop cloth and a couple of cinch straps for use if needed, or you can have the storm drape your broken tent over the plane like it did to me in 2019 :cool:
Figs

Sorry to hear about that! I would think the plastic sheet might scratch the canopy a bit. I just want to keep the rain out so tape may do the trick for now.

One night I carefully put the canopy cover over the RV-8. The next morning, it was drooped over the side of the fuselage...

Your mileage may vary, and I hope it does.

Ya that doesn't sound like fun.

Cleaveland aircraft tool has a booth (usually) near van’s booth. They have canopy covers on their website You could call and see if they have them in stock and would bring one.

I'll check in the morning, I may have a Bruce's cover for an RV7(A). I get to OSH the week before and don't leave till the Saturday at the end. If I have it, I'll just bring it and you can use for the week.

You can use my -9A cover while in OSH if RV10Man can't find his. I live in KATW so I just drive to the airshow every day and my ship is hangared. Just send me a PM and I'll make sure to bring it with me the day you get in.

Cleaveland aircraft tool has a booth (usually) near van’s booth. They have canopy covers on their website You could call and see if they have them in stock and would bring one.

I'll check in the morning, I may have a Bruce's cover for an RV7(A). I get to OSH the week before and don't leave till the Saturday at the end. If I have it, I'll just bring it and you can use for the week.

You can use my -9A cover while in OSH if RV10Man can't find his. I live in KATW so I just drive to the airshow every day and my ship is hangared. Just send me a PM and I'll make sure to bring it with me the day you get in.

Man you all are awesome!!!

Aerocovers

Vlad told me about someone who makes really nice covers. Aerocovers

Really impressed with the one for my RV6. Quick turnaround when ordering.

On June 18, 2021 RV-6 was outside when two tornados touched down near Dayton, OH. Cover was still in place after severe rain and wind. I was impressed.

Bought it back around August 2018. Handles the Alaska sun in the summer and ice storms in the winter. Real nice covers!

Best regards,
Mike Bauer

Back