What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

How many -8s going to OSH?

MajorSTI

My son and I are travelling this weekend to OSH/AirVenture and this is our 4th trip ever. Just like last year I'll be combing through HBC looking at all the RVs (especially the -8s), so if you see some guy meandering around your RV, it could be me. This year will be different because I'm actually building my own RV-8. I will not touch the airplane (ok...I'll try very hard not to!) but I will certainly want to study it. I just want to see how you did this or that.
See y'all there!

I'll be there. It will be interesting to see just when I'll be around the airplane, but I'll be there. If you want contact info, send me a PM here.

Yup

Arriving Sunday afternoon….departing CYOO around 7am. Send me a PM and I’ll send my number. Have a good look, climb in, whatever!

Don

Hi Chris,
I'll be there all week with my 1100+ hour RV-8. Arriving Saturday and camping in the HBC area. Send me a PM if you would like to connect. Happy to discuss any topic related to building, flying and maintaining an RV-8.

-Mike

I will be there Sunday - Thursday. Arriving with the Airventure Cup Race folks (not racing this year). Not sure if I will be parked with them or out with the masses.

Scott A. Jordan
80331/N733J
1,500 hours+

I'll be there, but leaving my 8 home to fly in with a friend in his Bonanza. My first Oshkosh in 22 years. Do the RV guys still meet up?

Showplanes Fastback

Any RV-8's with the Showplanes Fastback conversion at Oshkosh that I could take a look at? I walked HBC a couple times to no avail.

Arriving Sunday afternoon….departing CYOO around 7am. Send me a PM and I’ll send my number. Have a good look, climb in, whatever!

Don

Don,
Thanks for allowing my son and I to visit with you this morning. Lots of questions answered and the hints/tips were invaluable.

Hi Chris,
I'll be there all week with my 1100+ hour RV-8. Arriving Saturday and camping in the HBC area. Send me a PM if you would like to connect. Happy to discuss any topic related to building, flying and maintaining an RV-8.

-Mike

Thanks Mike for allowing us to visit this morning and talk about your RV-8. Many questions answered and more thought generated.

Thanks!

No prob

Don,
Thanks for allowing my son and I to visit with you this morning. Lots of questions answered and the hints/tips were invaluable.

Great meeting the both of you. Good luck with the build! Lots of great build sites to refer to…Steve Riffe’s is top notch! Reach out anytime for info!

Don

Back