What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Transition Training

New to Vans Air Force and currently searching for an RV-4 to buy. As part of my purchase plan I’m exploring options to get transitioned to an RV (never flown any RV model before). Is anyone familiar with pilots offering transition training in Alaska?

George

New to Vans Air Force and currently searching for an RV-4 to buy. As part of my purchase plan I’m exploring options to get transitioned to an RV (never flown any RV model before). Is anyone familiar with pilots offering transition training in Alaska?

George

George, when I was visiting Alaska several years ago, one of the A&P's I met at Talkeetna(ATK) had a really nice lime green RV-4 she built. Her name is Dotty Danial. At the time, I was looking at -4's and -8's and she was super helpful at explaining the build, and letting me spend time in the front and back seats. If you are close to Talkeetna, it might be worth stopping by to see her -4 and ask some questions.

Back