What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Moving to Boulder Colorado - hangar space?

molson309

Well Known Member
Looking for hangar space in the vicinity of Boulder and any suggestions or related experience with the area would be great - thanks!

Mark, you will love the area. Unfortunately, from my experience, hangar space is hard to come by unless you want to buy. I currently hangar at KBJC, just up the road from Boulder. Welcome!...in advance of your move.

Try Longmont

Hi,

The airport in Boulder is small, expensive and the neighbors are. It very airplane friendly. I would try either Longmont (my town), or Erie. Both are very close. There are also 2 airparks near Erie if you want to live with your airplane. Give me a shout if you need any other advice, etc.

David

A little late on the reply, but the wait for County owned hangar space at KBJC is about 2-4 years. Get on the list now, it is reasonably priced but you have to survive the wait. KEIK, where Dave suggests, is really not far from Boulder. When I last checked about 3 years ago they had hangars available, but a lot has changed since then.

Take a look at Platte Valley near Ft. Lupton. There are several RVs and a good homebuilding community there. About a 40 minute drive from Boulder.
Jerry Folkerts

Thanks everyone for the suggestions

I am going to be in the area from the 14th through the 22nd scoping out places to live and also - if I have time - some of the local airports. One of the communities I will be looking at is Erie. Would be interesting to find airpark space near there - if anyone has a line on where to look or who to contact to find out more info on those I would appreciate it.

Thanks again!

Flyin community

Mark,
If your interested in living with your airplane don't rule out Van Aire (co12). I know of two properties for sale out here. It's a terrific place to live. We are about 10 miles north of DIA. If you are actually working in Boulder it may be a bit far, and as stated above longmont would most likely be your best choice.

Ryan

I am going to be in the area from the 14th through the 22nd scoping out places to live and also - if I have time - some of the local airports. One of the communities I will be looking at is Erie. Would be interesting to find airpark space near there - if anyone has a line on where to look or who to contact to find out more info on those I would appreciate it.

Thanks again!

I drove through Erie Airpark a couple months back and found there were a few places for sale, and definitely more than you would find on an internet search, though you can check zillow.com and possibly come up with a few. The signs are posted out front by the realtors in the usual fashion. Zillow is also good because they often give you records showing recent sales and the sales prices.

P.M. Sent

With the contact info for a really helpful local realtor who's a pilot. She flew with me when I was chase on a friend's first flight. That was from Parkland - she knows the area from a pilot's perspective.

Dave

pm sent with my info

not a realtor, just a guy who lives on an airpark, parkland. give me a call or email.

stump

Back