What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Florida rv’s check in

n82rb

Well Known Member
Now that things are starting to move in a positive direction down here, let’s get a check in from our fellow rv’ers here. First and foremost, are you and family ok and safe. Is there anything those of use who have little or less damage can do to help. Some of us have power back already and even a hot shower can make a difference, second, how did you fate with stuff? Some of us may have supplies we dobnt Ned but other may, and lastly how did our airplane fair and is there anything we can help with now or down the road. Personally, I faired pretty well house did not flood by a couple of inches. Roofs bad, but still water tight. Cars and boat ok. Rv-4 was in hangar and is ok but Cherokee is totaled. Our condo on fort myers beach is still standing, but trashed, hurricane shutters blew in and inside is destroyed. My power is back on this morning, so if any rvers need something I can help with let me know, even if it’s just a cold beer.

Bob burns
Rv-4 n82rb
Page field fort myers

For you guys in SWFL, let us know if you need anything. In the Tampa area we appear to have survived in real good shape.

My in-laws live a couple miles from Ft Myers Beach (off San Carlos before you get to Pinchers) on an inlet. The garage level on their house and their dock are completely trashed. We had 15 totes (books, baby clothes, and misc stuff) plus an air hockey table in storage with them--all gone now. Its all OK though -- we count ourselves lucky because if the storm had stayed on track we here in the Tampa area would be dealing with what you guys and my in-laws are.

Want to see a miracle

This hangar was facing the wind but a door failed a couple hangars down and pressurized the building. When the doors failed, they went away from the plane…only minor damage.

Attachments

• D0E83F59-00FB-467C-B491-31168F119755.jpg
    D0E83F59-00FB-467C-B491-31168F119755.jpg
    254.3 KB · Views: 300
Back