What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Vertical Power PPS and VP-X with Dynon

rockitdoc

Well Known Member
Sponsor
Hi,

If anybody has configured a Vertical Power PPS and VP-X with a Skyview system, I would be interested in knowing how you configured the output from the PPS to provide ammeter readings and low voltage readings. The PPS instructions have pinouts (see attached) from the PPS going to LEDs for battery or alternator faults and to ammeters for reading battery voltage or alternator output. But, I presume separate LEDs and ammeters are not necessary with the SV system.

Thanks for any help.

Scott
PPS Wiring Pin Outs.jpg

I'm still building mine. But, I do have the PPS, VP-X Sport and Skyview Classic.

As I understand, the "battery current" and "alternator current" outputs from the PPS are shunted outputs that can be connected directly to the Skyview EMS. But, I'm not sure about having both "alternator" and "battery" current inputs to Skyview.

Paragraph 3.7 in the PPS install manual suggests connecting the alternator current output to the Skyview EMS and then battery current would simply be the difference between the alternator current widget and the VP-X total current.

This is how I plane to do it.

Back