What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Proud dad/daughter moment

chopperchops

Teaching Genevieve the joys of aircraft wiring 😊
She ended up wiring the VHF control head by herself, not a bad first go at it!
Genevieve helped me rivet on the turtledeck a while back (she picked up riveting really quickly as well).
First riveting, now wiring, maybe she can finish the plane off for me 🤔
I value every second of these moments.

Attachments

• 68C95AA1-9098-4C3E-837F-D1BCD748BBE3.jpeg
    68C95AA1-9098-4C3E-837F-D1BCD748BBE3.jpeg
    371.6 KB · Views: 407
Well done! These are memories which will bring smiles to both your faces for many years to come.

My daughter still gives me grief and will tell anybody who will listen about how she helped me in the freezing cold hangar, working until her fingers were so cold she couldn't feel them. That was back in the winter of 05/06. Despite all that good-natured ribbing, today she was the first one to arrive at the hangar to help me when it became clear I needed an extra pair of hands.

Those days spent together in the hangar build bonds which last a lifetime.

Nice work Rob! I’m looking forward to teaching more skills to the kiddos, can’t wait till they can work under the panel for me:D

Wonderful moment. It just keeps getting better. My son got his PPL last year (17)….. and is a great help in the hangar. I know just how you feel.

Thanks!

Thanks for the kind words, Genevieve and I appreciate them!
Genevieve is pushing me to get the ‘8 finished so she can fly it. I don’t think I factor into the equation somehow! ;)

Pride Indeed, Well Deserved

I have always said there is nothing more attractive than a pretty woman with tools in hand working on a plane, car, motorcycle, boat and heavy equipment. Is there anything better? I think not. :D Congrats Dad, your daughter is awesome. Pride well deserved. :)

Back