What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Colleyville, TX

WyoDave

Well Known Member
My wife and I will be traveling to Colleyville Thursday or Friday (9/15 or 16) for a funeral. Any recommendations on an RV friendly airport nearby? We'll be there until Monday morning. My son will be driving from San Angelo, so somewhere west that he could pick us up would work, too (Weatherford or Mineral Wells?).
Thanks

Colleyville is pretty tight under the Bravo, but there are quite a few options for “RV friendly” airports a bit to the west (I don’t live or play on the Dallas side, so someone else might be able to help you out there).

52F, Northwest Regional, not sure about tie downs there, but lots of RV’s, and homebase of this website ;)
T67, lots of RV’s there, I think tie down there would be free, near the gas pump, or on the grass, homebase of others you have definitely heard of ;)
16X, not sure about tie downs, but I think I have seen some there, best to call the number on the website
KLUD, tie down is free on the grass, or nominal on the ramp, about 30mins to Colleyville?
KXBP, I think tie downs are free, and it’s where we all go to get cheap fuel (except lately, until they refill the tank with a new price). Bit of a drive to Colleyville down 114.

KMWL, not sure about tie downs, and a serious drive (1hr+) to Colleyville, especially in traffic
KWEA, about the same as Mineral Wells, slightly shorter drive, maybe, if the I30-I35 gods shine on you. Not sure about tie down cost, says they have them.

Any of the Delta airports of course could put you up if needed, plenty of RV’s at any of them, but probably not very intimate if you are looking for some RV camaraderie.

There are a few public grass strip places around, but I doubt any have tie downs, unless you perhaps know someone local; best to just call the manager and ask about field conditions if that interests you.

PM me if you want my contact info, I can give you more of the lay of the land if you want.

If you get here Thursday I could put you in the hanger for a few days, will be heading to petit Jean Fri-sun.

Back