What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AIRSEAL Baffling Source

andoman

Well Known Member
Van’s has been out of the AIRSEAL material for some time.
Does anyone know of an alternate source for the same material?
Not looking for a discussion on alternative material.
I searched but couldn’t come up with a definitive answer.
Thanks in advance.

Baffle materials

Was just about to list these on VAF Classified.

1 roll of this: https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/cowlseal06-02461.php

and

1 bag of these: https://www.aircraftspruce.com/catalog/appages/cowlsealhardware6.php

Just ordered these about 6-8 weeks ago from Spruce, and ended up not needing them. (Went with a different air seal material this time, but I have used this seal material during my build.) The baffle air seal fabric isn't the same width Van's sells, but is the same kind of material and thickness.

$45, and I'll include shipping it to you. PM me if interested.

Baffle seal

For those who want baffle seal I go to jacorinc.com
It is really hangar door bottom and top seal but seems the same. No fires yet.
I can get a 6" x 10' for $33.30 and have to add $23.40 shipping and tax It comes out to $56.70 AND it is 6" wide not 3" The 3" is even cheaper.
I just ordered some today.
The last stuff I got from ACS is splitting and it is only a year old.

You can also buy 3" if you want.
But it is way cheaper than ACS and others. 1/8" thick nylon inserted neoprene rubber.
Art

Thanks, Art. I think that is twice the thickness of the Van’s material. The 6 in. width does give more shaping options though.
I’m hoping someone will chime in with an exact match. When initially searching I found a thread identical to this wherein someone hooked up a fellow member (thanks Steve!) but the OP’s question remained unanswered. I’m hoping we can ID a source for the membership’s future reference.

I do believe I have a role of baffle material that VANS sells. Let me know if you are still interested. I believe it is a full role.

Back