What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hangar Floor Coatings

RV8FLYBOY

Building a new hangar and trying to gather info on a good floor coating system.

Anybody have a favorite and what about not so favorites that didn't work as well as hoped.

Hi Mike. We have used the Sherwin Williams 2 part concrete paint with good results on one hangar at GTU and two home shops. Its a little pricey and requires 2 gal min purchase. We used the white and also mixed white with grey for a light grey result. Follow instructions and it applies easily and quickly with rollers. Widely available.

Only downside is some long term discoloring in direct sunlight. Big upside is no concrete dust, easy to clean, impervious to most spills, can be cleaned and rebuffed after several years if needed.

Good Luck,
Deene.

Revere products

I used the Revere industrial coatings Flo-Glaze on my floor. It creates a water like reflection of deep shine. Looks like a hospital floor! You can get all the details at Revere Products

I went to Lowes and got the store brand 2 part epoxy. It has been a year now. It is good. One spot has detatched where the tire adhered from a weekend of sitting, but since then... nothing.

DSCN0499.jpg

It was about $35 per gallon. It took about 6 gallons to coat a 24 x 28 floor.

It makes sweeping up aluminum chips much easier!

:cool: CJ

floor coating

RV8FLYBOY said:
Building a new hangar and trying to gather info on a good floor coating system.

Anybody have a favorite and what about not so favorites that didn't work as well as hoped.

try air-tech in jacksonville arkansas. best product on the market. RV8tor 30 hrs N456jd

Back