What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hilltop Lakes Fly-In

tkirk

Hilltop Lakes Fly-In Sept 26

HILLTOP LAKES FLY-IN SEPT 26 ? FLY-IN ANNOUNCEMENT ? YOU'RE INVITED! ? Hilltop Lakes Fly-In (0TE4) Sept 26 9AM 1PM Free BBQ to all Pilots that Fly In Door Prizes Fun ? Contact Marwynne Kuhn, Friend of Owner - located Hilltop Lakes, TX USA ? Telephone: 713-204-5356 . 936-855-2926

Is this still on?

A plane crashed at Hill Top last night. Is the fly in still taking place or has it been postponed?

Last edited:
Hi;;top flyin

This was posted on the Cessna Pilot Forum regarding this flyin:

Paul Valois, the CPA member who started this post, died yesterday attempting to land at Hilltop Lakes (0TE4). I just got off the phone with Dave Wagner, one of the organizers of the Hilltop Lakes Annual Fly-In. Mr. Wagner told me Mr. Valois clipped a tree on final and crashed into a house. He said the weather was bad and the runway lights were not working. My deepest condolences to all who knew Mr. Valois.

Mr. Wagner told me the association met this morning and decided to go forward with the Fly-In this weekend. He said it is very likely the FAA and NTSB investigators will still be at the airport on Saturday, and that anyone flying in should have their paperwork in order because there may be ramp checks.

Very nice turnout considering the events this week. Hilltop "Tower" requested a missing man with our 5 ship and we approved. Many tears on the ground after we parked! It was nice to see my old friends in the old stomping grounds. :)

Back