What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Houston, TX builders: free wing stands in the near future

N546RV

Well Known Member
Figured I'd go ahead and give a heads up if any local builders are getting into their wings and will be needing stands soon. All I've got left to do is to rivet the top main skins, and then these things are coming off the stands and into a cradle.

The stands are the Greyling-type that bolt to your shop floor. They were given to me for free, so now I'll be passing them on to another worthy home. Also included are a couple of screw jacks for removing the sag from the spars, and a cradle for assembling your leading edges and tanks.

So anyway, let me know if you're interested. I expect to be done with these maybe next weekend, and then they're all yours.

Phillip,
I would be interested in the wing stands. We are building a RV-6 with the local youth.We are on the empennage now and should be starting the wing soon. I am in Rockdale, TX. Let me know when it is ready and we will come get it.

Jimmy Cox
www.RockdaleTigerFlight.org

Jimmy: Sounds good, will do. Made my first attempt at riveting the top skins tonight and it didn't go so well. I still think we'll be able to finish up by this weekend, but I'll keep you posted.

Thanks!

Back