What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Visiting Airparks in Houston and Austin

ChrisMallory

The wife and I will be taking The Great Escape to the Houston and Austin areas during the week of 10 - 16 March, to visit friends and check out some airparks. We are looking for that dream retirement home!

We have already visited Covey Trails, Dry Creek and RWJ in the Houston area. We would like to see Pearland Skyway, Poly Ranch, Wolfe and Songbird.

Then around Austin we thinking of Horseshoe Bay, Cross Country, Breakaway, Rust Allen and Lakeway.

Any ideas from the local crowd are welcome.

Two homes for sale in Polly Ranch

Our next door neighbors say their house is for sale but not yet listed with a realtor (so no commissions at this point). I don't know the asking price but I have their contact number if you PM me. Here's the local posting:

House is 2304 Butler
It's approx, 3700-3800 square feet
4 bedrooms
2.5 baths
the hangar is approx. 40'x55' with a 12'x45' horton stack door. In the
hangar there's a 19'x19' office (with A/C) & 19'x19' mezzanine.

Also has a nice pool and, of course, a garage. Seems very well kep up. Best of all are the neighbors...3 RVs next door, an F1 rocket two doors down, a -6A across the runway, and a -9 under construction down the way.

There is also a smaller (~2100 sq ft), more dated home on Airline Drive that's been on the market awhile. Pedestrian (i.e., older) pool and smaller hangar. Asking mid-300s, last I knew.

We also know of a similar (smaller) home on the runway without a pool and a large-ish, new hangar that will be up on the market in a few months.

Polly Ranch is very much a professional/middle-class, suburb/urban environment with a few mansions in the neighborhood, along the creeks. Wolf and Songbird are much more rural, country living. Very different types of airparks.

Paul's out that week but I'll be around at least some of the time of your trip, particularly in the latter part of the week. Feel free to contact me when (or before) you're in the area.

If you want to be close to the big city, but not too close, then I would recommend Hilltop Lakes. It is about 45 minutes from Bryan/College Station, and about an hour and 10 minutes from Conroe (North of Houston). Austin is about 2 hours west. We have been here for two years now, and just love it! Lots are available, and the prices are not too bad. Paved runway, golf course, horse stables, fishing lakes, active flying club, etc. and just a great community. I think the neighbor has a hangar home (about 2 years old, 1300 square feet) for sale, too. Here are a couple of websites:

www.hilltoplakesproperties.com
www.hilltoplakes.com

Let me know if you want more info.

Breakaway

Squeeky,
I've been to Breakaway, and liked what I saw. It puts you within 5 minutes of I-35 on the nort side of Austin (right between Round ROck and Cedar Park). Nice homes, with some lots still available for new construction. A whole lot of shopping/sights/essentials are nearby. I'm a bit partial since I love the Texas Hill Country.

Austin area

If you get to Lago Vista, give me a call........I'll show you around and show you my Aite...........512 689 6768.

interested in ESE of san antonio?

i heard one of our neighbors is planning to depart soon, from Elm Creek Airpark, ESE of san antonio: 0TX6. if you think you might be interested in the area i'll get some details. don o.

Back