What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

TruTrak Sorcerer Rocker Switch

LeoDavies

I'm New Here
I have an RV10, finished in 2009, with a TruTrak Sorcerer autopilot. The vertical speed rocker switch has expired. This switch mounts on the PCB and when depressed activates the top or bottom microswitches for vertical speed. TruTrak have been bought by Bendix who have discontinued the Sorcerer.
Would anyone have any idea where I might source this switch?

Thanks for your help,

Leo Davies

RV10 1250 hours

I have an RV10, finished in 2009, with a TruTrak Sorcerer autopilot. The vertical speed rocker switch has expired. This switch mounts on the PCB and when depressed activates the top or bottom microswitches for vertical speed. TruTrak have been bought by Bendix who have discontinued the Sorcerer.
Would anyone have any idea where I might source this switch?

Thanks for your help,

Leo Davies

RV10 1250 hours
Hello Leo,
I feel your pain.
My TruTrack rocker switch in my RV10 failed on its mounting during a flight at Xmas. I couldn’t source any spares but retained the rocker assembly cap and Peter the avionics engineer at InterAir, YMEN, made up a new mounting assembly and installed it for me. It works perfectly.

What is broken, the actual rocker (likely a custom part), or the switch(es) on the PCB? i.e., does the mechanical part push on a couple of momentary PCB mounted switches?
If the latter, then replacements can probably be found, but I would need to see the actual PCB components.

It's a rocker switch but it actually controls 2 micro switches. You don't really need the rocker part but it's clean and easier to use.

-Marc

Hello Leo,
I feel your pain.
My TruTrack rocker switch in my RV10 failed on its mounting during a flight at Xmas. I couldn’t source any spares but retained the rocker assembly cap and Peter the avionics engineer at InterAir, YMEN, made up a new mounting assembly and installed it for me. It works perfectly.

Any chance you have contact info for Peter or details on his mounting assembly? Mine broke when a friend was helping install interior parts and somehow struck the switch. Would love a solution to put this back together!

Attachments

• 20230326_171438.jpg
    20230326_171438.jpg
    256.5 KB · Views: 33
  • 20230404_151020.jpg
    20230404_151020.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230404_151012.jpg
    20230404_151012.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 29
Back