What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pull vs Solid rivets

n25801

Saw an ad for a 4 but seller states

"Full fuselage and wing skins are built with pull rivets not solid rivets. Wing spars are solid rivets and where is fully required for solids. "

Thoughts on this?

Depending on the brand/style of rivet, it could be fine.. but why in the world would someone build with pulled rivets? They are much more costly, heavier, ugly, and not as fun to build with! I like shooting solid rivets!! Good luck selling it to the next guy.. that’s probably why it’s selling for 2/3 the price of a “standard” built -4.

Depending on the brand/style of rivet, it could be fine.. but why in the world would someone build with pulled rivets? They are much more costly, heavier, ugly, and not as fun to build with! I like shooting solid rivets!! Good luck selling it to the next guy.. that’s probably why it’s selling for 2/3 the price of a “standard” built -4.

I figured that was why it's priced low - also ended with "If you don’t like this don’t message me"

Back