What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flightsimbuilder?

Pilotjim77

Well Known Member
Anyone have any experience with Flightsimbuilder? It is a GNS 430/530 simulator to be used with Microsoft or Xplane type PC flight simulators. I use Xplane a lot and trying to switch frequencies with the mouse is cumbersome. I felt this would be a good tool. It's similar to the Realsimgear simulator but a good deal less expensive.

I have their G1000 simulator. Shipped quickly, and really nice high quality hardware. No problems getting it to work with X-Plane. My only gripe is with the quality of the G1000 implementation in X-Plane, which isn't on the hardware part. The main annoying thing is that turning the rotary encoders (to dial a frequency or turn a heading bug) is very laggy -- you'll spin the dial and then wait a few seconds for it to catch up, which makes it hard to dial in a precise number. Not sure if the 430/530 implementation has the same problem, and there are a few scripts available if you search that help make it a little better.

No but take a look at Air Manager software. With AM, a smallish touch screen display, and the “knobster” (google it) you’ll get pretty much any instrument you need.

Back