What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Starter help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chipper G

Well Known Member
With the plugs out of the engine I can engage the starter and did three runs of 10 seconds that were about 20 mins in between each other and got 45psi oil pressure which is amazing. I put the plugs back in and wanted to test the battery system under a load. The engine turned over one compression stock and blew the 80amp ANL FUSE. 2 gauge wire going from the battery to contactor and then to the starter. 2 gauge ground cable from engine to ground buss. Help me lol

With the plugs out of the engine I can engage the starter and did three runs of 10 seconds that were about 20 mins in between each other and got 45psi oil pressure which is amazing. I put the plugs back in and wanted to test the battery system under a load. The engine turned over one compression stock and blew the 80amp ANL FUSE. 2 gauge wire going from the battery to contactor and then to the starter. 2 gauge ground cable from engine to ground buss. Help me lol

Because it was not designed to carry 250 amps. It should not be there.

Check your wire again.... It shouldn't be 2ga.

Last edited:
Battery to ANL fuse to starter solenoid and B lead then to starter. So what you are saying is the battery to starter solenoid to stater should not be protected by a fuse correct

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back