What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Jet vs RV

How much money you got??? If money Is not a problem I would get one of each. But unfortunately I don’t have that kind so I only have a 8A

The RV is way more fun than the Hornet was...I never had to take a night cat shot in the RV!

That's funny :D
Definitely don't miss those night launches and recoveries especially on Midway. 5 short of a night Centurion patch on her and I'm OK with that ;)

So if the taxpayers are footing the bill, no question about it, give me a Hornet any day. Nothing beats flying a low level at 200 feet and 540 knots and rearranging some real estate. 2nd choice I'll take an A4E for similar fun.

If I'm footing the bill, my RV8 can't be beat for fun factor pulling G's or going places. On top of that I don't have to be on a big gray boat for a long time at sea ;)

Excellent report, Ace! Funny and informative. You hit the nail on the head and pretty cool for those of us that have never had the opportunity to fly a high performance military jet. Being relegated to GA at this point in my life couldn’t be better as an RV owner/pilot.

That's funny :D
Definitely don't miss those night launches and recoveries especially on Midway. 5 short of a night Centurion patch on her and I'm OK with that ;)

So if the taxpayers are footing the bill, no question about it, give me a Hornet any day. Nothing beats flying a low level at 200 feet and 540 knots and rearranging some real estate. 2nd choice I'll take an A4E for similar fun.

If I'm footing the bill, my RV8 can't be beat for fun factor pulling G's or going places. On top of that I don't have to be on a big gray boat for a long time at sea ;)

Pretty jealous of the Scooter time…but you can keep every one of your small deck night traps! No thanks! 😂

Enjoyed our conversation in the comments section, especially your detailed replies about my tailwheel question. A very cool video indeed... rewatched it a couple times.

Back