What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Lycoming AD Research

edclee

Well Known Member
Patron
It should not be this hard...How do I find a list of ADs for my O-320E2A engine. It seems as important as this stuff is that after Googling for an hour I could discover the secret.
Ed

Toolbox

I have used this service before. It simplifies the research and organization of ADs. All sort of appliances that are attached to aircraft may have ADs; radios, mags, etc. I am not saying they are mandatory, but if you want to know about all ADs for your aircraft this is a nice tool. It is a subscription service.

I am not affiliated with the company.

https://www.airworthinessdirectives.com/

Last edited:
It should not be this hard...How do I find a list of ADs for my O-320E2A engine. It seems as important as this stuff is that after Googling for an hour I could discover the secret.
Ed
I have thought the same thing for years.
I have used this service before. It simplifies the research and organization of ADs. All sort of appliances that are attached to aircraft may have ADs; radios, mags, etc. I am not saying they are mandatory, but if you want to know about all ADs for your aircraft this is a nice tool. It is a subscription service.

I am not affiliated with the company.

https://www.airworthinessdirectives.com/

Those services are so expensive. $49 per month. Best thing I did was hook up with a local A&P and have him run the report every year for me using his account. He charges me one cold draft unit.

ADs

I downloaded every AD, SL, etc dated after my engine was born. Opened each and ran a search for both model and serial. You're right. It was a huge pain.
You would think Lyco would offer a service. Pay an amount to have them run the model and serial against their database and send a USB with all pertinent documents. Seems like the Risk Managers would like to eliminate some liability. What a concept.

The feds send me AD updates for free, you just need to subscribe to it. Better be specific about which ones you want or you'll get lots of updates.

Back