What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pink slip

Scott Hersha

Well Known Member
Got my pink slip today. RV-6 SN 22595. Started in 1992. I am at least the third builder. I purchased from a young Vans aircraft prototype engineer in Oregon, so this kit has been around for a while. It’s now a certified aircraft. I have a couple things to take care of before my first flight (fuel leak), but that will happen soon. This is my second RV-6, and I’m glad it is still “in business”. The RV-6 numbers keep adding up (the most popular all RV models).

5A8D9C4D-970D-4620-A0D2-BEA4C93577A1.jpg

Repeat offender for sure! Congratulations and thanks again for the ride in the back of your last -8 back in 2019!

Canopy detail

I like the shark fin ring pull at the back of the slider. Did you make it, and how does it attach?
Congrats on the pink slip, it's a big job getting there!

The canopy pull is just a piece of angle trimmed up and fastened to the aft end of the center bar of the frame with a couple #10 screws and nuts. Easy to grab from either side of the airplane.

Does this mean the Rv is a 1992 model or a 2022? I’m curious about this. Will my plane be considered of the year it was purchased or finished?

Congrats!

Does this mean the Rv is a 1992 model or a 2022? I’m curious about this. Will my plane be considered of the year it was purchased or finished?
Congrats!

Manufactured date is the date the Airworthiness Certificate is issued.

Congratulations Scott. Sure hope you can make the Fish Fry!!

Take Care Buddy & Be Safe!!

Darren Kerns
RV7 N599DT
KFRH

Congrats!

Great to see another beautiful plane from Scott Hersha's shop. Does that mean you'll have time to be back in the judges' tent at Sun N Fun in the future?

Jon Farley
RV8 (Redtail Angel) 2006 Sold 2022
RANS S7 (Squatch) 2013 Sold 2018
Sport Performance Panther (Persistents) 2022, 10.7 hours. It's like an RV3 for
fat guys

Great to see another beautiful plane from Scott Hersha's shop. Does that mean you'll have time to be back in the judges' tent at Sun N Fun in the future?

Jon Farley
RV8 (Redtail Angel) 2006 Sold 2022
RANS S7 (Squatch) 2013 Sold 2018
Sport Performance Panther (Persistents) 2022, 10.7 hours. It's like an RV3 for
fat guys

Yep, that’s the plan. Thanks for the compliment!

Back