What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Part Number Help

GoWhere?

All,

After sitting for far too long and having new fuel filters installed my 6 was leaking excessively from the sender gasket when I added fuel back to the tank. All that fuel hitting the bucket sounded just like a stream of dimes :)

After spending lots of time in the Van's store- which is so much more usable!- I cannot find a stand-alone gasket for the fuel sender on my RV-6. The plans also don't have a part number. I see where I can get a gasket with the fuel sender, which may be a good way to go since the senders are out. Before I go that route I thought I would reach out and see if anybody knew if there was a way to get just the gasket?

I know I can make my own, but I prefer to get the part if I can.

Also, given the great time I had getting the screws out, does anybody have any thoughts on replacing the screws with bolts? 'Cause getting those back in there would be soooo much easier with a socket.

Most replace the gasket with a layer of Proseal. I used small dots of the cork material to go in between each screw to provide a defined thickness of sealant.
The rubber gaskets ALWAYS fail. It is just a matter of time. Ten years seems about average.

Yes, most also replace the screws with socket-head capscrews.

Ya know when you do a search for prior threads and user error means you don’t see the many, many threads related to your question?

I do.

Back