What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Oshkosh RV’s 50th anniversary

NYTOM

Well Known Member
Got my EAA email request to register if attending the 50th anniversary special RV parking area in Homebuilt camping. I thought they we’re already all RV’s. At least it looked that way in years past.
Thinking I might just fly up this year and wondered if someone would chime in on the availability of power outlets or charging stations for portable electronics. I remember years ago sitting by Coke machines or any other scarce electrical outlet we could find while our giant video camera’s charged. :eek:
Things must have changed by now. :)

Yes, improved since those days

Got my EAA email request to register if attending the 50th anniversary special RV parking area in Homebuilt camping. I thought they we’re already all RV’s. At least it looked that way in years past.
Thinking I might just fly up this year and wondered if someone would chime in on the availability of power outlets or charging stations for portable electronics. I remember years ago sitting by Coke machines or any other scarce electrical outlet we could find while our giant video camera’s charged. :eek:
Things must have changed by now. :)

Yes, things have improved.

There is dedicated area with roof and concrete floor where those flying their “Homebuilts” can park and camp. At this area you will find grills and LOTS (though never enough) outlets/charging stations. Not to mention “hot showers and flush toilets”.

Each year the team of dedicated volunteers work hard to further improve it.
And at the Board level there are always discussions regarding support such efforts.

James … EAA Board Member

Back