What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

What Lay Buried

Scott, we all like the photography, which is very good indeed. However, a friendly suggestion....perhaps you could skip the constant references to your vision of a coming Apocalypse? According to the WHO, worldwide about 280 million people are clinically depressed. No one reads VAF to join them.

Give us more Sammy. Everyone loves Sammy!

I agree. The pictures of that beautiful part of our country makes my day. So does pictures of Sammy + you and Betty. My hope and prayer is that the ammunition remains buried.

Hawthorne has always fascinated me. Pored over it on Google maps and even investigated purchasing property there. I will make a similar visit someday... but I will come from the east.

Hawthorne was the first overnight stop when my son and I did our 48 state trip. We both agreed Betty was the nicest person we met on the entire trip. Glad to see she’s still there. We didn’t know the history or current use of the area before arrival so it was quite memorable, especially the bomb museum in the middle of town.

Scott, we all like the photography, which is very good indeed. However, a friendly suggestion....perhaps you could skip the constant references to your vision of a coming Apocalypse? According to the WHO, worldwide about 280 million people are clinically depressed. No one reads VAF to join them.

Give us more Sammy. Everyone loves Sammy!

+1 I think Dan has succinctly summarised what many have felt but not been inclined to comment on. Prophesying about the inevitability of a nuclear apocalypse is a very glass half empty view of humanity's future...it's doomsday prepper stuff...it's not healthy...and it's not attractive.

Back