What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

GSA28 Roll Servo Install using Garmin Kit

CABaye

I'm New Here
Preface. The airplane is new-to-me and this is my first modification project.

I'm installing the GSA28 Servo using the Garmin Kit. If I understand the instructions correctly, the bracket is secured by fasteners penetrating the skin and sandwiching it to an external doubling plate (provided). If you have used this method; please comment on surface prep & finish for the doubling plate. Is any sealing recommended between the doubling plate and the skin?

I am replacing a Trio EZ-Pilot servo that was mounted to a tray that is about 1/2 inch above the lower skin. (see photo) I suspect that mounting the servo to the tray would invite geometry problems but would like the opinions of others.

Thanks,

Attachments

• 20220208_174152.jpg
    20220208_174152.jpg
    333.1 KB · Views: 126
Im looking at the photo and not sure if I understand how you plan to install the servo. Mine is a 9, so maybe different and mine was installed in the build - but it was done in the wing. Is this the center section? Is that where the servo is installed on a retrofit?

Sorry I cant be of more help but I am interested in learning something here! I hope someone who has done the retro in a 6 will chime in.

Preface. The airplane is new-to-me and this is my first modification project.

I'm installing the GSA28 Servo using the Garmin Kit. If I understand the instructions correctly, the bracket is secured by fasteners penetrating the skin and sandwiching it to an external doubling plate (provided). If you have used this method; please comment on surface prep & finish for the doubling plate. Is any sealing recommended between the doubling plate and the skin?

I am replacing a Trio EZ-Pilot servo that was mounted to a tray that is about 1/2 inch above the lower skin. (see photo) I suspect that mounting the servo to the tray would invite geometry problems but would like the opinions of others.

Thanks,

Looking at the Garmin manual 190-01115-01_ap it looks like your correct.
If it were me, I would not deviate from the Gamin instructions for the GSA28 installation.

Back