What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bruce Bohannon Inducted into Texas Aviation Hall of Fame

Special Delivery

Well Known Member
I'm pleased to share:

Bruce Bohannon
Inducted Into the LSFM Texas Aviation Hall of Fame

Link: LSFM Announcement

Not included in Bruce's 'official' list of accomplishments: *He was a significant behind the scenes force in the success of the RV-1 project and in securing it a permanent display space in the EAA museum. *His active participation in Eagle's Nest Projects during its formative years set the stage for the most prolific high school teen-build program to date (28 RV-12s in multiple states). *His continuing flight training support to the RV community. /reb

Congratulations Bruce and Thank You for your friendship and support!

Congratulations to Bruce! Such a neat person. If you get a chance to fly with Bruce please do so.

Congrats to Bruce!

His Exxon Flyin' Tiger parked on display at the lobby doors of the Reno Hilton for all those early trips to the races is what got me into home-building.

Great news - thanks for sharing it Ernie! I can imagine a small, quiet, restrained gathering to celebrate at the grass field….. ;)

Congratulations to Bruce on this well deserved accomplishment! Bruce has achieved a lot in aviation with all of the records he has set but I think what best sets him apart is his willingness to mentor pilots of all ages and abilities in his unique, informative, and encouraging style.

A great pilot and “Legend” no doubt, but more importantly one heck of a great guy.

Well deserved!

Mike Miller

Last edited:
He is legend. Never met him but have corresponded with him. Friendly, super knowledgeable and all around nice guy. Congrats to him.

Congratulations, Bruce! And thanks for sharing this, Ernie. I'll be returning to Flyin' Tiger Field soon for a quick refresher before my first flight. Hope to see you both. Also hoping this won't cause an increase in his rates ;) But if it does, I'll pay it. Bruce's expertise and instruction are invaluable.

A well deserved honor!
I did a biannual flight review with Bruce and learned a lot from this patient, knowledgable and all round good guy

Congratulations Bruce,
Looking forward to the event and THANK YOU for being such a great asset to our flying community as well as an outstanding mentor to myself and many others.

Back