What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Bellcrank Rib BO

psvalentine

I am waiting for the one remaining part on BO from my empennage kit. The elusive F1029R.
The kit is completely done. We have finished the kit in the time we've been waiting on this one part.
After calling Vans every week for a month, the word is now that they don't really have any in inventory as is indicated in the store.
Fortunately we've been able to work around it.
At this point the wings kit will be here before a BO from the first kit.
Anyone else waiting?

I am waiting on the VA-140 (trailing edge wedge), bearings, other parts and have been for a long time now. I did get the part you are missing though... same problem different part, I suppose.

tell me when?

out of curiosity, when did you receive your kits?
I received my -10 emp kit in June and, surprisingly, it was 100% other than a hardware bag with the qty's mixed up for the two line items in it.

I received the kit on June 22. For the most part it was complete. Just the one Bellcrank rib and a few bags of hardware. Which have all been sent except the 1100-06 nutplates and the bellcrank rib. The kit is complete foregoing anything to do with the rib and battery area.
We;re in the crating window for the wings. Probably will get that before the rib.

DIY and build on

If it's causing you a problem K1100-06 are showing in stock at Aircraft Spruce, so you could get some there. The bellcrank rib appears to be a flat piece of 2024 with three flanges and some lightening holes, which should be easy enough to bend up yourself and match drill so you can carry on building...

Finally

Received the bellcrank rib today. Only 2 months late. Seemed like a small thing after vans announcing a 2 month delay on the wings that were supposed to arrive this month. Still curious as to what happened to cause this.

Back