What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Ultimate Gust Lock & Controlled Approach Pedals

Shays

Hi Guys

Did anyone use the Anti Splat Aero Ultimate Gust Lock & Controlled Approach Pedals for the RV10 together?

Was there any modifications needed?

Thank you,

This was posted in another thread that began with the same question about gust locks used in conjunction with RV-10 Control Approach pedals but drifted with posts about gust locks used on every RV model and not specific to Control Approach pedals:

"I have the Control Approach pedals and modified the Anti-Splat control lock. I simply bolted a couple pieces of Delrin plastic to the front of each fork with a cutout for the rudder pedal. It fits perfectly. I highly recommend their Ultimate Gust lock."

This was posted in another thread that began with the same question about gust locks used in conjunction with RV-10 Control Approach pedals but drifted with posts about gust locks used on every RV model and not specific to Control Approach pedals:

"I have the Control Approach pedals and modified the Anti-Splat control lock. I simply bolted a couple pieces of Delrin plastic to the front of each fork with a cutout for the rudder pedal. It fits perfectly. I highly recommend their Ultimate Gust lock."

I finally had a chance to get out to the hangar and take a picture. Here’s why I did.

Attachments

• E53BF4AC-4DC9-4950-9ACC-047ED34DD3B7.jpg
    E53BF4AC-4DC9-4950-9ACC-047ED34DD3B7.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 210
There is an alternate here, that does not attach to the stick

https://rv10.ca/3d-printed-stuff/

There is one here too that locks under the seat, and doesn't need the stick mod. Not as stiff as anti-splat but has worked for me.

Last edited:
I can't say enough about how well the Anti Splat lock works. Folded, I tuck it under the back of the pilot seat while flying and pull it out for use on every stop where I'll be away from the airplane. We survived the OSH storm last summer without any problems even though I was parked on the show line and took the storm broadside. My nosewheel moved over a foot but everything held. Thumbs up for The Claw tiedown kit as well.

Back