What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Flow Divider Bracket screw size/type?

Majorpayne317641

Well Known Member
I’m overhauling my IO-360. Does anyone know what AN screws are used for the 4 flat head screws used to attach the flow divider to the bracket that sits on top of the engine? One of them got stripped and had to be drilled out. The others are in bad shape too. Thanks.

I’m overhauling my IO-360. Does anyone know what AN screws are used for the 4 flat head screws used to attach the flow divider to the bracket that sits on top of the engine? One of them got stripped and had to be drilled out. The others are in bad shape too. Thanks.

It is highly likely that they will be either 8-32 or 10-32. Take one of the others out and measure. 8's are ~.16" and 10's are ~.19" 10-24's are quite uncommon in aviation, but if they are 10's it would be wise to compare the threads to one of the 8-32 screws in your bin to be sure.

That divider is aluminum, if I recall, so if the screw threads are messed up that bad, you need to carefully check the threads in the divider for damage and make sure there is enough thread meat left to hold on.

Last edited:
The divider was fine the screw head was stripped out and the head needed to be drilled. Then the thread came out of the divider without a problem. Thanks for the help I thought they may be that size, I just don’t know how to find the aviation grade version of these.

My engine parts manual shows STD 82 screw which is 10-24 x 1/2 inch filister head (AN503-10-8 has a drilled head). My manual is for a narrow deck IO-360B1B, 180hp. I’m also in the process of overhauling this engine. I would not want to attempt an overhaul without access to a parts manual. I was able to download mine off the internet for free.

Last edited:
I didn’t realize that would be in the parts manual. I just looked it up for my M1B and you are right. It also calls for specific washers STD 251 for anyone else interested.

Back