What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Can’t find the SB625-8 snap bushings

rgaynor

Hi Everyone

Any one have their parts list for the 12is fuselage kit that can tell me what bag the SB625-8 bushings are in. They are not on my parts list and I am wondering if they might on someone else’s so I can look in the right bag.

Thanks
Rob

Rob, my packing list shows three SB625-8s in Bag 3125. Along with various sizes of snap busihngs, there were 65 K1000-08 nutplates in the same bag.

Last edited:
Thank you. Looks like Van’s forgot those for me. Will call them tomorrow. Thanks for the assist.

Every time I get a new kit I think "I've gotta digitize this parts list" but I never do and then something like this happens and I wish I could use a search function. I must have read that entire list 10 times looking for those d$%& SB625 bushings!

Glad to know it wasn't just me, I guess I'll be giving Vans a call tomorrow too.

-Bruce

Tip-
Get a bunch of ZipLock sandwich bags, transfer the bagged parts to these clear plastic bags, label them & hang them up on a board where you can quickly scan them all for the part you are hunting for.

Every time I get a new kit I think "I've gotta digitize this parts list" but I never do and then something like this happens and I wish I could use a search function. I must have read that entire list 10 times looking for those d$%& SB625 bushings!

Glad to know it wasn't just me, I guess I'll be giving Vans a call tomorrow too.

-Bruce
I know me too! I really thought about putting it all in excel and sharing it but never found the time.

Digital Inventory Lists

Maybe Van's could post .csv files of the current parts lists by model and sub-kit on their website.

Being able to search those lists electronically would DEFINITELY make the inventory process easier and faster. It could also save time when trying to find specific parts during assembly.

I'd think those files already exist and are used to print the inventory lists that are included with the sub-kits.

I scan and OCR the packing list before I start inventory and start marking it up, that was it's a clean copy and the OCR is easy.

I still find that most of the time it's faster just to grab the paper list and scan it over as opposed to reaching for a device. Especially after you are a few sections in to any of the kits. I'm sure I'm not the only one who feels like they have that list burned into their brain by the end of each kit! The scanned list is handy in a pinch when you really can't find something, or you don't realize you are following instructions for a configuration you are not building.

Back