What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

new IO360M1B run

SteveL

Good evening!
I'm getting ready to run my new from Van's IO360M1B. I've drained the preservation oil. Standard set up is Pmag right and Slick impulse on the left. The setup guide says check Mag to engine timing. Great idea. Data plate shows 25 VAR. no other info anywhere in the new books. Ideas?
Thanks!
SteveL

Hi Steve, You've got a bit of homework to do! :) I can't help much with the slick mag, but the pmag is documented here:

https://emagair.com/downloads/

There are several threads on pmag timing on VAF, and of course several on slick. The only thing I might mention is that you probably don't need the impulse version of the slick if you have a pmag, if what I have read here is accurate.

Since you're in Granbury, and the pmag guys are in Azle, you might want to give them a call and see if you can visit them for as much guidance as possible. Brad and team are very helpful. Timing your mags wrong can ruin your whole day.

Good luck, and keep us posted!

For the Slick
Check around the airport for someone that has a mag timing (squack) box you can borrow. Also see if you can borrow him for 20 minutes too!
Do a Google search for 'timing a slick magneto', you will find pages of links & videos there.

Back