What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

firewall flanges

BravoAlphaRomeo

Gang,

Attaching my side skins (29.14), and in clecoing up the side hinges for the cowl I noticed that the firewall flanges were never dimpled. The skin over it is dimpled, and the shim and hing under it are dimpled and and CK’d. Looked back through and can’t find where I missed this step. Seems odd - looking for direction.

Thanks BAR

Thanks for the reply Richard. I went ahead and set the rivets without dimpling the stainless and it turned out fine. As you said the stainless is soft enough, it conforms to the other shapes. Cheers

BAR

Same mistake

I'm at the same point. I also looked back through the instructions and could not find where the firewall flanges were supposed to be dimpled. But they obviously are.

Michael-

A very good reason to scan through the Wiki before you start each section. Pete has put a note on page 29-08 describing this omission in the plans and stating it should be done as step #12. Another shoutout to Pete and all the work he’s put into the WIKI!

Back