What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Wheel Chock / Tire Pressure Guage

wawrzynskivp

Well Known Member
Hello All,

My eye is only good at seeing a difference when I've had about 10 psi of variation on my main wheel tire pressure (running pressure 38 psi). I have discovered that my do-it-yourself RV low profile PVC tire chocks are accurate to 4 psi or less.

Adjust your chock for a neat slip fit at your desired pressure and if your tires bleed down before your next flight your chocks will let you know by being very snug. If you accidentally use kpa or some other weird pressure metric on your filler and overinflate, your chocks will be very loose.

If you do the diligence of measuring actual tire pressure on every preflight then good on you, just ignore me. If you don't enjoy the back and forth trying to line up your valve stem with your peep hole (assuming you have wheel pants) then consider this as better than eyeball cal.

Pic of my RV chock attached.

Attachments

• 20220130_115530.jpg
    20220130_115530.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Slick idea! I've noticed that when my angle chock touches the wheel fairing in the back it's time for air. Like your idea even more. Well done

Back