What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tried to Donate - System Won't Let Me

pvalovich

Well Known Member
I tried to make a credit card donation to VAF but was repeatedly unsuccessful. System accepts credit card number but when I try to add billing info, the screen reverts to start over, with Canada shown as the region. Can never get to the Donate button.

Anyone else have this issue?

Any suggestions?

I gave DR a heads up about this, he needs to be the one to deal with it most likely.

Very interesting. I also tried the other day (12/4) and the payment screen flashed by. When I tried again, it took me to a a web page in German. I had to clear my browser history and start over. I did get a payment notification from Paypal on that try and assume it worked.

Maybe that'll help Doug track down the problem. I figured it was just me.

Edit:
Hmmm...I live in Delaware - DE; pvalovich lives in California - CA. Maybe that's hosing the system and got us to Deutschland and Canada URLs. Just a thought...

Regards,
Rob

Last edited:
I just sent D/R a check.... Pretty sure that works.

-Marc

Sure that works but it isn't the easiest way to get money to someone. I probably write three checks a year,,,everything is now done electronically and if that's not working correctly for the forum support, DR is probably missing out.

Problems with C/Card Donation

I had same problem with the system trying to Auto-fill the address. It wanted to use an address in Florida. I only assumed it was because I was traveling at the time thru Florida. After several attempts to correct it went through and then confirmed by VISA. I am not required to donate due to my CIB, and I really appreciate that but its well worth the extra efforts to help keep Doug in control of a GREAT FORUM!

cash in a envelope always works!

Until it doesn't .... In the past, I've always sent cash wrapped in a printed thank you for VAF note and placed that in a security envelope. This year I don't think Doug got it because this was back in September and my name is not on the donation list.

I'm hoping it was honestly just lost and not an issue with a handler "cashing in" so to speak.

[ed. First THANK YOU for the donation. Second I haven't updated the online list since 8/11/2020 and hope to do that here in within a week. Perfect storm of 2020, life, sims taking up many evenings and all weekends, etc. 18hr days are running all together and I'm way behind on pretty much everything except pushing out the daily edition and getting to the sim on time. I'll get there! v/r,dr. PS: Thank you again for the donation.]

Edit: Doug, Glad to hear you received the donation ... I feel much better knowing you actually received it. Happy Holidays to you and your family.

Last edited:
Back