What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Hanger Space DFW?

Hoserf16

I'm New Here
Howdy all. In the process of acquiring my first GA airplane I'm a soon to be retail RV-7Aer --bought not built. Anyone have a line on hangar space in or around Ft Worth (arlington area is OK east is not so much. About to start beating the bushes but thought this may be a good starting point......

This is my experience from a few years ago,
No spaces anywhere and long waiting lists.
Eventually I signed up for a patio hangar at KGPM as it was the only option.
Immediately I had paid the first month I was asked if I wanted to upgrade my accommodation to a full hangar? Of course existing airport tenants go to the top of the hangar waiting list...
Within a few months I was in a hangar.

This is my experience from a few years ago,
No spaces anywhere and long waiting lists.
Eventually I signed up for a patio hangar at KGPM as it was the only option.
Immediately I had paid the first month I was asked if I wanted to upgrade my accommodation to a full hangar? Of course existing airport tenants go to the top of the hangar waiting list...
Within a few months I was in a hangar.

I'm in South Texas, but I second this experience- ramp spot was $50/mo and anyone on the ramp gets first shot at hangars that come open. They come open more often than you'd think given the long waiting lists seemingly everywhere.

I'd pick the place you want to be, buy a good cover and I bet you'll be in a hangar sooner than you think.

Good luck!

Howdy all. In the process of acquiring my first GA airplane I'm a soon to be retail RV-7Aer --bought not built. Anyone have a line on hangar space in or around Ft Worth (arlington area is OK east is not so much. About to start beating the bushes but thought this may be a good starting point......

If you don't mind a little drive and flying off of grass, last time I checked Luiz at 35TT had hangar space. Nice brand new hangars reasonably priced.
Contact info in below Airnav link. Definitely better than tying it up outside on some airport ramp!

https://www.airnav.com/airport/35TT

Last edited:
I have two hangars at KWEA, give me a call or text if interested. 817-941-6181.

Great airport, not too big, easy access from the interstate, decent amount of activity.

Back