What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Dupicolor self-etching in gray?

mbishop

Well Known Member
All I'm seeing is green now. Was there a pigment change? I just have a few pieces to do so it will match a previously started kit.

Yes, I'm anal enough to require that the Primer color match. I am switching to AZKO for the fuse so it won't be an issue after I get the wing(s) done.

Not that I've seen

I have been using the Duplicolor rattle cans for a long time and they have always been green. The gray was a normal, non-etching primer as far as I know. You can get some automotive primer in self etching and gray but I think it was DuPont. By the way, if you go with the new Duplicolor in green they changed the nozzle to meet the EPA requirements. It has a tendency to come out fast and heavy so back away some and use very light coats.
Good luck,
Paul

Perhaps the other parts were done with Mar-Hyde or SEMs self-etching aerosol primer? They are both grey.

You should be able to get either of them from good auto parts stores.

Sorry for the confusion then. Just going off what the previous builder told me (Dupticolor Self Etching). I saw that SEM has their self-etching in grey and will pick up a few cans of that.

Back