What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Newby to the forum say hallo.

Fabry

I'm New Here
Just want to say Hallo and introduce myself to this great Community. I live in South Carolina with my wife Tina and my 5yrs old boy Alex, We moved here in 2006 from Torino (North West Alpine Italy) accepting an offer for a job in a major Airplane build facility as a Technical Designer.
In Italy I was used to fly gliders but I stopped fly in 2001 because of lack of money, sold my beloved Schleicher ka6e on which I achieved FAI Silver and Gold badges and pretty much had to forget about fly.

Than about three years ago my friend Jim gave me a ride on his RV-7 Papa Lima and I was hooked, I had to get back to fly, so got my USA PPL, found the closest airplane to an RV6/7 that I could afford in a 1971 Grumman AA-1A with a freshly overhauled engine, and now in my spare time after work I?m helping the local IA mechanic and friend in his shop gaining experience toward my A&P.

I?m planning if all goes well in 2/3 years to be at a place both technically and economically to search for an RV 4/6 but for now I? just enjoy fly my cheap and fun AA-1A from KMKS.

Fabrizio
N9416L

Welcome Fabrizio.
If you get the urge, come on down to 3J1 in Ridgeland. We have several RV's under construction, (Rv7, RV7a, 2 Rv8's, ) and a couple more based there, + a beautiful F1. Always something going on here. A&P, IA, avionics guys on site, as well as a hose guy thats close, ans soon to be permanent on the field.
Tom

Back