What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Non-Touch G3X - SD Card Maximum Size?

Dad's RV-10

Well Known Member
What is the maximum size SD card that can be used in the GDU-370 for;

A) Installing software updates?

B) Data logging?

The manual talks about 2GB cards, which are tough to find these days. Are larger cards supported?

What is the maximum size SD card that can be used in the GDU-370 for;

A) Installing software updates?

B) Data logging?

The manual talks about 2GB cards, which are tough to find these days. Are larger cards supported?

Well, I use a 16GB card for updating databases and installing software updates on my GDU-375 - so at least that size works . . . . . . .

SD Card

Well, I use a 16GB card for updating databases and installing software updates on my GDU-375 - so at least that size works . . . . . . .

As long as the Data card is either SD or SDHC, it will work. Neither are available in variants larger than 32GB.

Thanks,

Justin

I ran into problems way back with my G3X (non-touch) using a 32G card. Garmin recommended using an 8G card, adding that sometimes the 16G cards will work. I found the 8G card on Amazon.

FAT-32 and 64GB SD.

Can I format a 64GB SD card to FAT32?
Since the 64GB has exceeded the maximum FAT32 capacity limit, Windows File Explorer and Disk Management won't allow for formatting it to FAT32.
However, EaseUS Partition Master can make it without trouble.
Download EaseUS FAT32 formatter.
Connect the 64GB sd card to your Windows computer
Right-click the SD card and choose Format
Select FAT32 as the file system
Apply the changes.

Good luck

Can I format a 64GB SD card to FAT32?
Since the 64GB has exceeded the maximum FAT32 capacity limit, Windows File Explorer and Disk Management won't allow for formatting it to FAT32.
However, EaseUS Partition Master can make it without trouble.
Download EaseUS FAT32 formatter.
Connect the 64GB sd card to your Windows computer
Right-click the SD card and choose Format
Select FAT32 as the file system
Apply the changes.

Good luck

Or just buy a pack of 8GB cards for almost nothing and not worry about it.

Instructions say to use a FAT32 formatted card so I ordered a pack of 16gb.

They’ll be here tomorrow so I’m asking today…do the cards come that way or do I need to format?

Back