What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

3D Printed Headset Hanger

markserbu

When I bought this plane it had some sort of plastic ball mount in this location. Seemed like a good place to hang my headset, and I initially designed one with a spring-loaded arm so it would be out-of-the way when not in use. I decided to try it with a fixed arm first, and I'm glad I did because I'm perfectly happy with it as-is. Printer is a Bambu Lab Carbon X1, ABS filament, 100% infill.
BTW, the pictures of the part in the plane are the original version...for the second one I added more chamfers and radii.

HeadsetHanger1.jpg

HeadsetHanger2.jpg

HeadsetHanger3.jpg

HeadsetHanger4.jpg

HeadsetHanger5.jpg

When I bought this plane it had some sort of plastic ball mount in this location. Seemed like a good place to hang my headset, and I initially designed one with a spring-loaded arm so it would be out-of-the way when not in use. I decided to try it with a fixed arm first, and I'm glad I did because I'm perfectly happy with it as-is. Printer is a Bambu Lab Carbon X1, ABS filament, 100% infill.
BTW, the pictures of the part in the plane are the original version...for the second one I added more chamfers and radii.

HeadsetHanger1.jpg

HeadsetHanger2.jpg

HeadsetHanger3.jpg

HeadsetHanger4.jpg

HeadsetHanger5.jpg
Do you mind sharing the .stl?

Would it be an option to extend the clamping surface like 5/8 around the canopy frame and with a smaller diameter to just snap it on and get rid of the metal clamp?

Back