What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

G3X/GAD 27

joew

Well Known Member
Folks,

I have a question. Stein wired my panel. Dual G3X, Show Planes FPS, Ray Allen Elevator Trim. They did an awesome job. I did not order the GAD 27.

As I began wiring the plane, I found the panel is wired for Ele, Aileron Trim Position as well as Flap position and rheostats for lighting (the GAD 27 dimmer kit)

Here is my question. Is there a way to connect the Garmin to the flap position system and the trim system without the GAD 27?

My wig wags are through the AERO LED’s lights, so they should work on their own.

Not sure why I have the GAD 27 connectivity pre-wired without owning the GAD 27?

Am I missing something?

They did the same on my wiring harness. I decided to add a GAD 27 when I started the avionics installation and happy all those extra wires were already there.

Was it hard to add later? How much did you need to break into your existing harness?

Was it hard to add later? How much did you need to break into your existing harness?

It’s not hard to do but it is very time consuming and you will need to add wiring in the harness and get into a few back shell connectors and tap into the can buss. There again Steinair already had two Aux can buss d-sub connectors ready to go for future LRU’s in my harness. The “keep alive” power for the G3X was the main reason I wanted it. All the other features are an added benefit.

Trim/Flap Position

Folks,

I have a question. Stein wired my panel. Dual G3X, Show Planes FPS, Ray Allen Elevator Trim. They did an awesome job. I did not order the GAD 27.

As I began wiring the plane, I found the panel is wired for Ele, Aileron Trim Position as well as Flap position and rheostats for lighting (the GAD 27 dimmer kit)

Here is my question. Is there a way to connect the Garmin to the flap position system and the trim system without the GAD 27?

My wig wags are through the AERO LED’s lights, so they should work on their own.

Not sure why I have the GAD 27 connectivity pre-wired without owning the GAD 27?

Am I missing something?

Good Evening,

All trim and flap position sensors are wired into your GEA24 EIS module. The GAD 27 can serve as a trim mixing device and flap controller. So without the GAD 27 you can certainly display the flap/trim positions on your G3X Touch display.

I am not sure what the wiring schematic looks like but we would be happy to review it with you at [email protected].

Thanks,

Justin

After speaking to Nick W at Stein, he said something similar. The electric trim from Ray Allen should wire into the GEA ( the GEA pre wired for flap, elevator and aileron) The flap display would need the POS12 added to the flap mechanism since the Show Planes FPS does not have any connectivity to do that.

Guess I don’t really need the GAD 27 at this point.

Now trying to get the firewall power distribution figured out. I’m a slow learner

Back