What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

AFS5600 and IFD440

nicoghilardi

I'm New Here
Hi
I upgraded my GNS430W with an IFD440. The dual screen AFS5600 setup had worked flawlessly before, but now I am getting intermittent red X over different fields, and a very unstable drawing of holds in particular. AFS5600 seems sluggish at times. I am in touch with Advanced and they are working on the problem, but I would love to know if others have the same combination and are able to share the config settings on both sides?
Thanks much!

Hi
I upgraded my GNS430W with an IFD440. The dual screen AFS5600 setup had worked flawlessly before, but now I am getting intermittent red X over different fields, and a very unstable drawing of holds in particular. AFS5600 seems sluggish at times. I am in touch with Advanced and they are working on the problem, but I would love to know if others have the same combination and are able to share the config settings on both sides?
Thanks much!

So…I originally had an AF4500 and a GNS430W. Worked fine. I replaced the 4500 with an AF 5400, and after a lot of tweaking (none of which involved the 430W), that works great too. Then last year I replaced the GNS430W with an IFD440. I had screenshot all of the 430W config screens, slid the 430W out and the IFD440 in. Took another 20 minutes and re-entered the configuration settings from the 430W. I didn’t have to change anything with the 5400. The Avidyne worked with the 5400 EFIS, the 3500 MFD, the G5, and the ARINC429 connections perfectly. Adding the IFD440 to my panel was a true drop-in.

When I re-entered the settings into the Avidyne, it was pretty straightforward and I am by no means an avionics wizard. Avidyne provides a cheat-sheet to aid in that specific device transfer. Happy to get you the config that I used for my particular setup for my particular avionics suite if that would be helpful.

Last edited:
Back