What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Tailwheel parts trade?

toolmanmike

Well Known Member
Patron
I’m stalled in my build and need the tailwheel attach point and tailwheel spring. I have an aftermarket tailwheel with swivel. If anyone has the parts from Vans ( seem back ordered). I will pay $100 for your parts plus shipping and send you mine as soon as they ship. I can not mount my horizontal or vertical on the fuselage until those a riveted in. I realize this is a stretch, but if your sitting on parts and don’t need them for a few months- it would be a good fit.
Thanks for the consideration. I can get exact part numbers if someone wants to PM me.

tail wheel assembly

Your offer sounds interesting. I have a complete RV-4/6/7/8 Vans tail wheel assembly. Who's the manufacturer of your "after market tail wheel?" Thank you.
Chuck Brietigam
RV-6XXL
building RV-6XL

I bought the Doug Bell tailwheel fork and tailwheel from Flyboys along with the rocket link. I have the quick build kit. My F711 and 712 are present but I can’t mount the tail until I mount the WD 409? My understanding is the mount and tailwheel spring ( spring steel bar for the tailwheel) come pre drilled together. Vans has my parts on back order and I’m running out of stuff to do. Looking for someone who might have them to swap me when mine come in. Gladly pay shipping just to keep the build going. Thanks.

tail wheel assembly

Mike,
I may have misunderstood your needs. I have a new tail wheel spring and tail wheel fork. I do not have the attaching weldment. Sorry for the confusion.
Blue skies.
Chuck Brietigam
RV-6XXl
building RV-6XL

Tailwheel Parts

Hi Chuck,

I happen to have exactly what you need. $100 + shipping and no need for the other parts.

Back