What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Pirep Anti Splat Crankcase Vacuum KIT

jneves

Well Known Member
So I've had some "seeping" oil from my accessory case, the amount of work and cost to go in and replace all the gaskets and seals was daunting. After talking to some fellas around the field I was given a possible answer that "could" help reduce if not stop the leaks. Anti Splats Crankcase Vacuum Kit, for $130 and about and hour of work I decided it was worth a try, worse case I'd get rid of any blow by induced oil stains on the belly by burning off the case's vent oil in the exhaust.

So I installed it and have now flow 6 hours and no oil has dripped out the bottom of the cowl yet. I know this is still early, plus I didn't clean the oil mess before since I didn't want to delay seeing results by slowing the oil down on a clean case.

Planning to give the engine a good clean this week and report back after another 6 hours on it. So far it's helped, did it stop the leaks? That is not know yet, but will be known very soon. Hoping I can report back in a couple weeks with the same results.

THANK YOU ANTI SPLAT!!! You guys make great products, rudder peddle extensions going in this week or next!

Back