What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Polish now?

U2drvr

Sponsor
I’ll be finishing my empennage kit soon and will have to wait a few months for te fuselage and wing kits. If I plan to polish, would it be beneficial to polish the parts I have done? It seems like it would be easier to do most of the work on the bench, but there are sure to be downsides. Thoughts and opinions?

Polish

Doesnt matter when you do it but remove the blue protective plastic as the print will etch into the skin and can be near impossible to polish it out.

U2drvr - welcome to VAF!

If you're planning on a polished airplane, now would be a good time to start. You'll learn how to polish, and get used to putting aside a block of time on a regular basis to maintain the shine. Keep in mind while you do it that this is only about 10% of the surface area of the airplane... It will take 10x as long to do the rest of it. Regularly.

Thanks for the inputs! I'll wait until I'm done with the tail kit. before I decide the exact paint/polish scheme and then start polishing when I have time.

Good advice being offered.
Nothing wrong with polishing now as long as you are mentally prepared that it will need to be done again when you get the forward part of the fuselage built/polished and for sure get the protective plastic off now while it is easy.

Back