What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Avionics mounting behind F14106 Wiring Channel

TASEsq

Well Known Member
Patron
Just curious on whether anyone has considered mounting any avionics on either the top of the F10405 Forward Tunnel Cover, or mounted to the forward side of the F14106 vertical wiring channel? I was thinking this could be a good location for the GAD27, and some relays (pitot relay, lights relay etc)

I was planning ahead and will likely have my circuit breakers and bus bars (power sources) on the angled 'power module' panel. Having the GAD27 and the relays close to the power source would mean not having to run 18AWG wires up to the panel switches etc - i can just run small 22 AWG for grounding (and i have a much wider choice of switches).

Attachments

• Screenshot (42)_LI.jpg
    Screenshot (42)_LI.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 219
  • Screenshot (43)_LI.jpg
    Screenshot (43)_LI.jpg
    706.9 KB · Views: 228
I have my GAD 27 mounted there, no problems and it's enough out of the way of feet etc to be safe.

I have my GAD 27 mounted there, no problems and it's enough out of the way of feet etc to be safe.

Thanks Chris - just had a look at your kit log.

Why did the gad27 need the 28 pin connector to make it completely removable? Was this to remove the tunnel cover for maintenance reasons?

Thanks Chris - just had a look at your kit log.

Why did the gad27 need the 28 pin connector to make it completely removable? Was this to remove the tunnel cover for maintenance reasons?

That CPC connector was done to connect the GAD to the Vans main wiring harness and power leads so it could be removed in the future without having to remove the screwed down terminal connections.

Removing the CB panel and other ‘stuff’ will make future maintenance/inspection in the "tunnel" much more difficult.

Last edited:
Back