What's new
Van's Air Force

Don't miss anything! Register now for full access to the definitive RV support community.

Van's 40th Anniversary Patch-Afghanistan Style

Tandem46

Well Known Member
The other day one of the guys I fly with mentions that he's going to get some squadron patches made here on our base before he heads back to the states. Patches? You can do that here? Sure, down at the bizarre, just inside the main gate. Hmmm...I've been wanted to get patches done of Van's 40th Anniversary logo just because I think its a good looking logo. Quick email to Van's and they say, yeah, go ahead, as long as its just for me and not a money making deal. So I had Hajeeb (sp??) make me up a couple and the price was very reasonable considering I only wanted a couple. He even put velcro on the back.

Me and Hajeeb. He was actually happy despite not smiling:D.
2rr4d9h.jpg

Close up of patch. Not perfect, but hey, its Afghanistan.
jgtkbs.jpg

That is very cool! Maybe it will give Van some ideas.

Thank you for your service, now get back home!

Ok, Van's in amongst the 12 service bullitin, the new 12 fly-aways, teh RV-14, when you're not busy how about some patches? :D

Bob

me too

OK I'll admit I've been more of a lurker than participant-type in this forum, but this actually is an issue that I have found pretty frustrating. Van's teases us with a very nice looking 40th anniversary patch pdf, but NO ability to purchase!! (FWIW, I can't seem to locate any source for the Van's Air Force patch under the "wing patch" link on this forum either...)

I went to an embroiderer recently to have my son's name and our registration number embroidered on the nametag of the nomex suit he got last year for Christmas (planning ahead for his solo next month when he turns 16!), and she informed me that most shops that create embroidered patches have a minimum order of around 50, which is roughly 49 more than I need.

I second the motion that has been raised that Van's offer the 40th (and the VAF patch) for sale. Please.

Maybe you could get him to make some of the older Vans Airforce patches with the RV-8 that turns in into a line drawing...

40th anniversary patch

Mike,

Sign me up! I will e-mail for a patch order, bet there is a lot of interest out there.

Oly

late

Mike beat me to it. My first thought was Georgeanna, who easily does one-off shirts, hats, key chain tags, etc. I suspect she can get the OK from the factory to do the patch.

Last edited:
Wow

Did I mention how great this site is? Thanks Mike. Poor Georgeanna is about to have a second career.

Email sent.

That patch is awesome! Van could sell like 69,000 of them if they just put them out there.

Another thought; have "hour patches" like the military uses "RV-8 500/1000/2000/etc... Hours" I bet those would sell well too. :D

Coin?

Ok, now who can make coins?
I'm ready to order a patch and a couple coins.

I thought for sure people coming home from Oshkosh
were going to be showing off the coins that they got.

Last edited:
Name Tags

I went to an embroiderer recently to have my son's name and our registration number embroidered on the nametag of the nomex suit he got last year for Christmas (planning ahead for his solo next month when he turns 16!), and she informed me that most shops that create embroidered patches have a minimum order of around 50, which is roughly 49 more than I need.

Steve, you just have to find the right place!
Here is the one I used:
http://www.tidewateremblems.com/

I designed it, sent them the art work and told them to make it exactly like my artwork.

IMG_00685.jpg

Last edited:
Back